UGC NET Previous Question Papers
University Grants Commission (UGC) conducts the National Eligibility Test (NET) to judge the eligibility for the post of lecturer. Indian nationals who have applied for exam and looking for UGC NET Previous Question Papers can check here on this page.
UGC convey NET exam twice, in the months of June and December every year. The notifications announcing the June and December examinations are published in the months of March and September respectively in the weekly journal of nation-wide circulation, Employment News.
The Test is conducted in (including languages), Social Sciences, Forensic-Environmental Sciences, Computer Science and Applications and Electronic Science. Candidates may also prepare through the previous year question paper sets. We will provide some sample questions with their answers below on the page.
UGC NET Question Papers Solved With Answers:
1. What is Dublin Core?
(A) Content management tool
(B) E- Library software
(C) Metadata standard
(D) Internet Protocol
2. Which one is the most important problem being faced by Institutional Repositories for archiving the documents?
(C) Copyright issues
(D) Author’s resistance
3. As per Indian Copyright Law, copyright is granted for
(A) Fifty years after the book is published
(B) Fifty years after the death of the author
(C) Sixty years after the book is published
(D) Sixty years after the death of the author
4. NAAC stands for
(A) National Accreditation and Authority Council
(B) Northern Accreditation and Authorities Committee
(C) National Assessment and Accreditation Council
(D) Northern Assessment and Accreditation Council
5. The Principle of Local Variation is mainly applicable in
(B) Reference service
6. Who is the Father of Library Movement in USA?
(A) F. W. Lancaster
(B) Paul Wasserman
(C) Melvil Dewey
(D) Allen Kent
7. New Encyclopedia Britannica is published from
(B) New York
8. Who coined the term POSDCORB?
(A) Henri Fayol
(B) Max Weber
(C) Gulick and Urwick
(D) Wilson and Tauber
9. Which one is not a Canon (as given by Ranganthan)?
(A) Canon of Comprehensiveness
(B) Canon of Consistence
(C) Canon of Context
(D) Canon of Currency
10. ‘Union List’ is the record of
(A) Library members living in a Union Territory
(B) Periodicals available in a group of libraries
(C) Library unions located in a Union Territory
(D) List of members of a Library Union
11. The term ‘bibliometrics’ was first used by
(A) S. R. Ranganathan
(B) Alan Pritchard
(C) Allen Kent
(D) A. C. Foskett
12. Auto abstracting involves use of computers to
(A) structure the content of an abstract
(B) prepare indicative abstract
(C) pickup significant words
(D) arrange words in order
13. ‘Half-life’ in Information Science relates to
(A) Rate of obsolescence
(B) Rate of growth
(C) Degree of scatter
(D) Information explosion
14. In “Spiral of Scientific Method”, Zenith marks
(B) Empirical laws
(C) Fundamental laws
(D) Deduced laws
15. Which library is authorized to receive books under ‘Delivery of Books Act’?
(A) National Science Library, Delhi
(B) Central Library, Delhi
(C) State Central Library, Mumbai
(D) Parliament Library, Delhi
Note: job hunters can also get the forthcoming recruitment notifications, result, preparation tips and more by visiting on the portal recruitmentlauncher.com time to time. We will provide the latest information on your every visit.
Links Related to UGC NET
|UGC NET Application Form||List of UGC Recognized Universities in India|
|UGC NET Coaching Centre||UGC NET Exam Pattern|
|CSIR UGC NET Books||UGC NET Syllabus|