NDA Eligibility Criteria
Applicants who are going to appear for NDA exam and looking for NDA Eligibility Criteria are at right place. From this page candidates may obtain details concerning to NDA Eligibility Criteria 2016 such as Age Limit for SC/ST/OBC and Relaxation in age and Qualification.
National Defence Academy also refers as NDA Exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Every year number of candidates fill NDA Application Form and look for NDA Eligibility Criteria & Age Limit For SC/ST/OBC And Relaxation so that they may proceed further.
NDA Eligibility Criteria
Job fighters who are willing to apply for National Defence Academy exam must be either be:
- a citizen of India , or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came ovbet of India before the 01 January , 1962 with the intention of spermanently settling in India
- Only unmarried male candidates are eligible
- Girls are not allowed to appear for NDA exam.
Candidates who wish to apply should possess below stated academic qualification as:
|For Army wing of National Defence Academy:||12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.|
|For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy:||12th Class of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.|
Applicants who are appearing into 12th Class under 10+2 Pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
- Applicants who wish to apply must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination
- Contenders recommended by Services Selection Board will undergo a medical test by a Board of Service Medical Officers.
- Aspirants are advised to rectify minor defects/ailments in order to speed up finalization of medical examination conducted at the Military Hospital. Below structured are considered common minor ailments:
|Wax (Ears)||Deviated Nasal Septum||Hydrocele/Phimosis|
|Overweight/Underweight||Under sized Chest||Piles|
- Only Unmarried Male Candidates, born not before than 2nd January 1996 and not after than 1st January, 1999 are eligible to apply.
- Aspirants age must lie between 16 ½ year and 19 ½ year on the first day of the month in which the course is commencing.
- Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will prepare a list of contender who achieves minimum qualifying marks in written exam as set by commission at their judgment.
- Contenders shortlisted from written test are going to appear before a Services Selection Board for Intelligence and Personality Test.
- Two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test is introduced at Selection Centers/Air Force Selection Boards.
- Selected applicants will be put to stage one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centers/Air Force Selection Boards.
- Only those competitors who meet the criteria at stage one will be permitted to the second stage/remaining tests.
- Aspirants who qualify stage II will be required to put forward the original official documents along with one photocopy each of (I) original matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth, (ii) original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
Number of Attempts:
There is no limit on the number of attempts of National Defence Academy exam you can make. However, it is necessary that at the time of course beginning you have your passing certificate of 10+2.
Aspirants who are going to apply for the National Defence Academy examination must ensure that they fulfill all eligibility standards for admission to the exam. To obtain more details about NDA Eligibility Criteria 2016, you need to visit this page regularly or book mark on this page by pressing control + D.
You may also like to visit this section
|NDA 1 Result||NDA Sample Paper|
|NDA Syllabus||NDA Admit Card|
|UPSC Eligibility Criteria||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Coaching Classes||UPSC Study Material|
|UPSC Previous Year Question Paper||UPSC Calendar|