How To Prepare For IES
UPSC conducts Indian Engineering Services (IES) Examination to engage candidates in technical functions of Govt. of India. If you have a question that How to Prepare for IES then you’re at the right place. We’ve brought here the Secret Tips to Crack UPSC IES Exam & Interview to clear your doubt for How to Prepare for IES 2016.
Before appearing in this reputed examination of India aspirants must know How To Prepare For IES 2016 exam to get selected into Public Sector Organizations as BHEL, BEL, NTPC, IOC, GAIL, BSNL, VSNL, CIL, FCI, HAL, HMT, BPCL, OIL, Indian Railways, Central Engineering Services, Military Engineering Services, Central Water Services, Telecommunication Department and many other esteemed departments.
These all PSUs provide the attractive amount of salary with other benefits. This page has been created for those curious students who are going to appear in UPSC IES examination by our expert team consisting best way to prepare for IES examination.
Secret Tips To Crack UPSC IES Exam
The foundation of success can be set by resolute efforts and good strategy. In this segment we are providing you some secret tips to crack UPSC IES Examination. To crack this entrance exam, you need to follow these tips.
How to Prepare for IES
- While preparing the English, look out the vocabulary of last 10 years paper of IES and CDS Examination. Try to learn them at least 20 to 30 words daily and revise those words daily. The next step to prepare finding errors and rearrangement of sentence from this portion of English candidates should solve 10 to 15 questions daily.
- Through this paper, candidate’s basic English knowledge is being examined. To prepare this subject of general English candidates need to read English Grammar Books and to have knowledge usage of words, parts of speech, idioms, phrases, one word substitution, tenses etc., candidates must learn antonyms and synonyms too.
- Candidates should read English news paper daily like Times of India, The Hindu etc. This will definitely be helpful for you and you will know latest words and your vocabulary will be strong.
- First of all candidates should find out the section of your interest from the topics of general studies and study it daily in the form of story or try to learn by connecting one thing to another. It will enlarge interest and make general studies topics comfortable for you. This section checks the candidate’s awareness on current affairs and history, Geography and other topics.
- To prepare strongly for this segment, you should be aware of what is happening in the country. Read daily Newspaper and articles, surf websites, watch morning bulletin to prepare for General studies section. Candidates need to learn current affairs at least 45 to 60 days before. You should solve the previous question papers of general studies so that you may know the actual pattern of IES examination.
- Candidates you are advised not to collect various books of any subject just choose a good publication/ writer’s book to prepare better. Some time we find candidates confused because of various books of one subject so just choose only one best book to prepare. Online study is a smart study to learn any think any subject so you must keep in touch with online study to current affairs and conventional questions.
Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- This is the very important section from Indian Engineering Services (IES) Examination so candidates should learn and practice more of this subject. This is the technical portion of this examination and this paper is related to candidate’s technical knowledge. You have to prepare this subject according to your related subject deeply.
- From this section any topic is important and none topic should be left from this technical section. Candidates should be attentive to solve technical question frequently in such a way that no any topic can be left in IES. You should read and write formulae to remember so that you may enhance solving speed.
How To Crack Interview:
- This section is important part selection in IES through UPSC so candidates should be attentive and well prepared for this round of selection.
- Candidates should prepare to technical questions, general studies, current affairs and personal questions for interview process. Remember interviewer can ask you any question that you can’t be expected as about your family, about your study, about your marriage, about your city, about your current job, current G.K., old G.K. etc. it depends upon his/ her mood.
- Sometimes they may scold you to check your patience. Candidates should be neither hyper nor happier in interview hall, just calm not to be aggressive yourself and answer the questions asked by them.
- Remember, it is a very tough exam and it requires 100 percent preparation.
- Set aside a time schedule and Divide your time effectively in every subject. Set aside a fixed time period committed to prepare up for every paper.
- So as to crack this exam, you must counsel the suggested books, for example, Strength of Materials/Mechanics of Structure by Gare & Timoshenko, Signal and System by Oppenheim and Willsky and so forth.
- IES paper have a negative marking, it is prudent not to answer the question if you are not sure about them.
- Attempt to comprehend previous year IES question papers as could be allowed furthermore give mock test, this will let you thinking regarding the example of event of the questions furthermore help in time administration.
- Time assumes an imperative part while taking this exam. Hopeful ought to be sure about the amount of time to be spent on every question don’t squander the time on the off chance that you are not ready to comprehend any question switch to another question.
- At last, simply be certain about yourself that you will have the capacity to split the IES exam. This positive approach in you will most likely go far in helping you to pass this exam.
Finally, best of luck for all the candidates who are going to appear in IES examination! Hope that these important tips shall help you to crack UPSC IES Exam & Interview easily.
Find More Related Details
|UPSC Eligibility Criteria||UPSC Calendar|
|UPSC Notification||UPSC Recruitment|
|UPSC Coaching Classes||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Previous Year Question Paper||UPSC Study Material|