How to Become a System Administrator
System Administrator is one the most reputed position in IT sector. Many of the people are seeking for How to Become a System Administrator? We have collected useful information on this page about this designation in IT sector. Candidates, who want to make their career as a System Administrator, must have look on this page and obtain useful information.
Computer administrators may get started their career in laboratories small businesses or big companies or office settings for government organizations. They are fully responsible for computer systems are kept working in an efficient manner.
Duties of System Administrator:
They must know how the mainframe server operates and install software and patches, resolve problems, know how to maintain the computer system, monitor the system, maintain data files, and execute systems backup and recovery. Systems administrators play an important role in amalgamation business skills and technical knowledge.
Growth in this Career:
If you interested in this career, you have to work with several professionals in business and computer careers to select the most favorable hardware, software, internet and networking tools that will achieve business goals. In this profession, you have to stay with an exacting budget or provide a suitable cost-benefit over a period of time. It is one of the fastest growing careers we reviewed.
Opportunities in this Profession:
Demand for systems administrators will be increased as computers are used for more business operations; this sector is expected to grow 25 percent by the year 2022. A massive numbers of employees are increasing per years in this sector. For upcoming years industry requires millions employee to engage in this industry. If you choose this career it means that you are most preferred to be hired by small organizations to large organizations that use multifaceted computer systems.
- User administration (setup and maintaining account)
- Maintaining system
- Verify that peripherals are working properly
- Quickly arrange repair for hardware in occasion of hardware failure
- Monitor system performance
- Create file systems
- Install software
- Create a backup and recovery policy
- Monitor network communication
- Update system as soon as new version of OS and application software comes out
- Implement the policies for the use of the computer system and network
- Setup security policies for users.
- A sys admin must have a strong grasp of computer security (e.g. firewalls and intrusion detection systems)
- Documentation in form of internal wiki
- Password and identity management
How to Become a System Administrator
Individuals holding graduate or post graduate degree in computer engineering, computer science and information technology or certification and practice experience, can start their career as system administrator or sys admin.
These qualities or skills must require for this designation:
- Problem-solving skills
- A technical mind
- An organised mind
- Attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of computer systems
- Ability to describe technical information in easy-to-understand terms
- Good communication skills
- Discretion (since confidential data is held on computer systems)
The average salary for a Systems Administrator is Rs 294,450-1, 00,000/- per year in India at entry level. Location affects salary, so individuals get salary according to location. Experienced individuals can demand salary according to themselves. Company or organization will offers impressive salary package for experienced.
Systems Analyst Summary:
It is the key position in any IT company or software company. Many of the organization require skilled and experienced candidates for this position. Companies are providing competitive salary packages for freshers and experienced. Company provides good working place and good environment.
You may also like to visit this Section