Current Affairs February 2015
For clearing any competitive exam candidates must have a good knowledge of current Affairs. Here in the below structured page we are disclosing all information about Current Affairs February 2015 as it will help to crack any of the forthcoming entrance examination like Railway, banking, TET, SSC, Army and many more. You can download the latest news/MCQ Of Feb 2015 free from this official page.
|Current Affairs January 2015||Current Affairs December|
|GK Questions & Answers||Read Pratiyogita Darpan December|
|Current Affairs November||Jobs By Organization|
Applicants can go through the questions and answers given below in this page shaped by the troop of recruitmentlauncher.com for checking their aptitude level as this will definitely help you for scoring good marks in any of the competitive exam.
We are providing you the current affairs of February 2015:
- GTU launched e-Raksha Research Centre to fight cybercrime
- 18th National Conference on e-Governance held in Gujarat
- Maharashtra approved field trials for GM food
- PETA announced to create India’s first fenced elephant sanctuary near Bengaluru
- Churches in England opposed Mitochondria Donation Technique to produce babies
- Union Government approved a rehabilitation package of 1102-crore rupees for J&K
- India successfully test-fired canister-based ICBM Agni-5 missile
- Union Government divested 10 percent stake in Coal India Limited
- Union Government released Commemorative Postage stamps with Swachh Bharat Mission as theme
- Serena Williams of US won the women’s single title of Australian Open 2015.
- Kanagasabapathy J Sripavan sworn-in as 44th Chief Justice of Sri Lanka
- AP Government decided to file a defamation suit against the State Bank of Hyderabad
- Paul van Ass appointed as coach of National Men’s Hockey team
- RBI constituted High Powered Committee headed by R Gandhi on Urban Cooperative Banks
- Union Sports Ministry revised the Scheme of Special Awards to medal winners
- Karnataka Government decided to amend Karnataka Compulsory Primary Education Act, 2012
- Hanumanthu Purushotham took charge as CMD of NRDC
- Malaysia declared MH370 flight disappearance an accident
- Saina Nehwal won women’s single of Syed Modi Grand Prix Gold Badminton Tournament 2015
- Chandigarh launched a smart city app named Smart Chandigarh
- Arundhathi Subramaniam won Khushwant Singh Memorial Prize for Poetry
- Jagannathan Chakravarthi appointed as Chief Financial Officer of Mindtree Limited
- Major Mukund Varadarajan, Naik Neeraj Kumar Singh posthumously awarded with Ashok Chakra
- Former Thailand Premier Yingluck Shinawatra impeached
- Prime Minister presented National Bravery Awards 2014 to 24 awardees
- UN Secretary–General appointed Saraswathy Menon in peace-building panel
- Union Government banned mobile handsets with fake, duplicate identity numbers
- ONGC won 10th Savio Cup All India Basketball tournament
- Former PM Manmohan Singh adopted Pachim Bekeli Gaon Panchyat under Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
Current affairs Questions and Answers:
Q1. Which is the venue for ICC Cricket World Cup-2019?
Q2.The Kanjhli wetland, one of the Ramsar site is located in which state?
Q3.Name the head of the panel formed RBI to look into parameters for urban co-operative banks, recently?
Ans. R Gandhi
Q4. With the assistance of whom, the National Cyclone Risk Mitigation Project (NCRMP) was launched in India?
Ans. World Bank
Q5. The Iguazu Falls, which is listed in seven wonders of nature, is located in which country?
Q6.The Operation Ice Bridge, is the largest airborne survey of Earth’s polar ice ever flown was launched by ____?
Q7.Jaswant Singh Rajput, who passed away recently, was associated with which sports?
Q8.Who has been appointed as the new chairman of Sangeet Natak Akademi in January 2015?
Ans. Shekhar Sen
Q9.Recently, which of the schemes of union government has entered into Guinness book of world record?
Ans. Prime Minister Jan Dhan Yojana
Q10.Which is the first state in India to launch web based education programme for all schools?
Ans. Arunachal Pradesh
Q11.The “Tunnel of Time” is the autobiography of _____?
Ans. R K Laxman
Q12. In which state “Channapatna toys”, a particular form of wooden toys manufactured?
Q13.Who has won the women’s and men’s singles titles, respectively at Syed Modi International Badminton Championship?
Ans. Saina Nehwal and P Kashyap
Q14.Currently, who is the world’s oldest monarch?
Ans. Queen Elizabeth II
Q15.Name the author of the book “Neither A Hawk, Nor A Dove”?
Ans. Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri
Q16.Who heads the Supreme Court panel to ensure major reforms in the practice and procedure of BCCI?
Ans. Justice R M Lodha
Q17. Name the person who has won the prestigious DSC Prize for Literature, one of the South Asia’s top literary awards?
Ans. Jhumpa Lahiri
Q18. The National Girl Child Day is observed on ____?
Ans. January 24
Q19. Name of the country where Rara Lake is situated?
Q20. M S Narayana, who died recently, was a popular actor and comedian in which film industry?
We the team of recruitmentlauncher.com hopes that the information provided above will definitely help you in scoring good marks in the examination. Contenders facing any obscurity can join on us Facebook and Google plus and can also subscribe our free e-mail service, we will solve your query as soon as possible.