CSAT Eligibility Criteria
UPSC conducts Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) for those applicants who want to be an IAS officer. Before applying aspirants need to check CSAT Eligibility Criteria and UPSC CSAT paper pattern which they will get through the below section of this page. Here we are also providing UPSC CSAT Exam Details and CSAT Eligibility Criteria 2016.
UPSC conducts this exam every year for recruitment of eligible aspirants. Willing aspirants if they want to fulfill their dreams they must apply before the last date. We are also giving CSAT paper pattern which is necessary for those candidates who are willing to participate in this exam. Complete details about UPSC CSAT Exam Details have stated below:
Name of the Organization:
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
CSAT Eligibility Criteria
Complete Details of CSAT Eligibility Criteria 2016 are given below:
- For Indian Administrative and Indian Police Service, a contender must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a contender should be a citizen of India/ Nepal/ Bhutan, Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India/
A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Applicants’ age should reside in between 21 to 32 years as on 01.08.2014.
- Relaxation in upper age limits will be relaxed as per the government of India rules.
|Category||Relaxation in age|
|Candidate had ordinary ordinarily been domiciled in Kashmir during the period of from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.||5 yrs|
|Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||Up to 3 years|
|ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2014 and have been released.||05 years|
Contenders should possess degree from any Universities incorporated by an Act ofthe Central
State Legislature in India other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act 1956, or possess an equivalent Qualification.
UPSC CSAT Examination Pattern:
Civil Services Aptitude Test comprises two exams
- Preliminary examination and
- Main Examination.
Preliminary Exam Pattern:
- The Exam shall comprise of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each:
- Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
- However, questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level will be tested through passages from English Language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
- Each paper will be of two hours duration.
Main Exam Pattern:
Written exam will consist of the following papers:
|Papers||Subjects/Language/ type of papers||Marks|
|(Paper A)||One of the Indian languages to be selected by the candidate from the languages included in eighth schedule to the constitution.||300 Marks|
|Papers to be counted for Merit|
|Paper-II||General Studies-I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and
Geography of the World and Society)
|Paper-III||General Studies –II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social
Justice and International relations)
|Paper-IV||General Studies –III (Technology, Economic Development,
Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and
|Paper-V||General Studies –IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)||250 Marks|
|Paper-VI||Optional Subject – Paper 1||250 Marks|
|Paper-VII||Optional Subject – Paper 2||250 Marks|
|Sub Total (Written test)||1750 marks|
You can also subscribe our free emails section to get the updated details about CSAT Exam. If you have any query you can leave it in the comment box.
Find More Related Details
|UPSC Notification||UPSC Study Material|
|UPSC Eligibility Criteria||UPSC Recruitment|
|UPSC Coaching Classes||UPSC Syllabus|
|UPSC Calendar||Latest Current Affairs- News & Updates|