30th July Current Affairs
1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon executed
- Yakub Memon, who was condemned for the 1993 Mumbai serial bomb blasts was hanged to death in the Nagpur jail in Maharashtra in the early hours of morning on July 30.
- The Maharashtra state government decided to give Memon’s body to his relatives for formal burial.
- Memon, was the first and single criminal to be put to death, out of the 100 in the 1993 Mumbai blast case. The death sentence of 11 others was commute to life.
Kalam buried with full state honours
- The mortal remains of previous President APJ Abdul Kalam, who passed away on Monday, was laid to rest with full state honours, as well as with 21-gun salute at his resident island town, Rameswaram, in Tamil Nadu on Thursday afternoon.
- Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi, Tamil Nadu Governor K. Rosaiah, and Chief Ministers of neighboring States, Union Ministers, and State Ministers were surrounded by thousands who took part in the funeral.
- After a sentinel of honour given by the tri-forces, the Prime Minister laid a garland and paid his last respects to the 11th President of the country. He was followed by Mr. Rosaiah, Union Ministers Venkaiah Naidu, Manohar Parikkar and MoS Pon. Radhakrishnan.
Union Cabinet approves NIIF
- The Cabinet has permitted setting up of the National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) with an opening corpus of Rs.20,000 crore as planned by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in the 2014-15 budget.
- The goal of setting up NIIF is to enhance infrastructure growth in the country. It is to offer equity support to non-banking financial corporation and association set up to fund infrastructure projects across region. It may also expand debt support to commercially viable infrastructure projects.
Kalyani Group partners with Israel’s Rafael to make Spike Missile.
India’s Kalyani Group and Israel’s Rafael have combined to create Spike Anti-Tank Guided Missiles (ATGM).
Kotak bank launches ‘Kotak Bharat’ mobile banking app for ‘un-banked’ regions.
Kotak Mahindra Bank (KMB) initiated a mobile banking app ‘Kotak Bharat’ scheduling to offer mobile banking services to consumers in the farthest regions of India.
30th July Current Affairs
Gates Foundation world’s wealthiest private charitable organization
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has peaked the list of the world’s possessions private foundations recognized by living ultra high net worth (UHNW) individuals, according to a Wealth-X statement.
World Population Prospects:
- The 2015 Revision’ begin in United Nations today estimated that the population of India is estimated to exceed that of China within seven years (by 2022).
- China and India continued the two leading countries in the world, each with more than 1 billion people, representing 19 and 18 per cent of the world’s population, respectively.
- Currently, the population of China is approximately 1.38 billion compared with 1.31 billion in India.
Ten largest countries in the world
- Five are in Asia (Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, and Pakistan),
- One in Africa (Nigeria),
- Two are in Latin America (Brazil and Mexico),
- One is in Northern America (USA),
- One is in Europe (Russian Federation).
Note : According to this report, India will remain the most heavily populated the country in the world till 2100.
Flipkart started ‘India Art House’ for handicraft lovers.
E-commerce major Flipkart on July 30 commenced India Art House, a limited online store contributing sellers a platform to sponsor regional products.
App-based taxi aggregator service Ola today launched an app named Ola Store announcing its entry into on-demand grocery delivery services.
The app helps consumers to get all rations transported at the door step from local vendors within 60 minutes.
The app has been begin on a pilot basis and is presently only available in Bengaluru.
Britain’s largest state-owned bank Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) is in talks to sell off its private banking operations to Sanctum Wealth Management.
For this, the Royal Bank of Scotland Organization Plc has signed a non-binding agenda contract.
Sports Ministry constitutes Working Group for Re-drafting of the Sports Code
Union Sports Ministry comprised a 9 member Working Group to organize an improved draft of the National Sports Development Code (NSDC).
The Working Group will be started by Retired Delhi High Court Judge CK Mahajan and submit its approval within three months.
Court of Arbitration for Sports allowed Indian athlete Dutee Chand to compete in women’s event
She became appropriate with CAS delaying the International organization of Athletics Federations (IAAF) rule on naturally-occurring Hyperandrogenism.
You may also like to visit this section
|Written Exam Tips / Techniques||How To Prepare Gk For Exam|
|How to Become Topper in Exams||Daily Free Job Alert Updates|
|GK Questions & Answers||Time Management for Students|
|How To Get Rid Of Exam Fear||How To Prepare For Exam In Less Time|